Atelier: a workshop used for the arts.
A name so fitting for the making of this quilt. Individual blocks set in vertical rows with such pretty sashing. A quilt that will be a true treasure. This is not a quilt that will be rushed through to completion, it is one that the process will be enjoyed with the opportunity to learn new techniques or master the tried and true.
This quilt is so right for “Creating This”. Here is a list of different ways that some of the blocks might be approached.
- Applique, done with the machine made to look like needle turn.
- Templates using updated methods.
- English paper piecing that does not require threading a hand sewing needle.
- Suggestions for curved piecing.
- Tools that make some of the blocks easier.
- Ideas and suggestions for the traditional way of doing things.
This project for your Atelier is so much like couture sewing, it is individualized and refined to your liking.
The quilt can be made by completing each block individually, building the rows as the blocks are completed. Or the quilt making can be grouped so techniques are followed, then final piecing is finished when the parts are ready to be assembled.
Or if you prefer a more modern approach, use our updated methods to complete the blocks.
We are looking forward to learning and enjoying the process of completing this amazing quilt. Join in no matter how you prefer to work in our Atelier.
Subscribe and receive notices of when new techniques are shared.